Trying to decide what type of Youtube advert to make for your business can seem intimidating but in this blog, we will give our top 3 types of video adverts and then break down what businesses suit each category.
- Talking heads – Putting you in the spotlight
No, we’re not talking about the band. A talking head is a term used to describe when a person is filmed talking to the camera explaining something or telling a story. These types of adverts generally fall into two flavours. The first is a video where you discuss your brand’s story, what makes you unique and sets you apart from the competition, usually intercut with some nice footage of your business, services, or products.
The second is a testimonial version where a customer or someone enacting the customer experience talks about how your business helped them, this time cut together with the said person using the product or service in the real world.
2. Product video – Show us what you got!
This is where what you make shines. Showcasing your product in an exciting, attention-grabbing and vibrant way. These can range from a shoot in a studio all the way up to your product being used in real life. Think beer advertisements all the way to a car commercial.
3. Narrative – A tale as old as time
Storytelling is the most powerful means of communication. This can be an amazing way to not only engage your customer but entertain them. The story you tell can take many forms from following the customer journey, your product or service affecting people’s lives, a story built from the themes or values of your business all the way to completely abstract stories.
What type suits my business we hear you ask?
- Talking head – These are great for humanising your business and really connecting with your customers on a personal level. Sharing the story of your brand and the values you hold can turn customers into fans who will sell for you. With the testimonial version, they can make people understand how the product will work for them
- Product video – These can be great for showing off your product and short snappy videos will work great on social media. Food and drink do especially well here. Showcasing your product in the real world can make the customer imagine themselves with it.
- Narrative – These can entertain as well as inform. They work better if you have some budget to put behind them to really delve deep into both creativity and production level. Done right they will be unskippable but also shareable. Entertaining adverts will be shared and talked about more.
We hope with this blog you are ready to choose what advert you want for your business. We’ve used Youtube advert in this case but these same video types work well on other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok with some small tweaks to tailor them to each platform.
Brickoven love to collaborate with businesses on crafting their creative content and our knowledge and experience of each platform (TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo) helps us get you the best value for your product.
If you want a web commercial filming, get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us at 07840349091.